DIY Burlap Ribbon Autumn Home Decor Topiary
Create a festive piece of Autumn home décor with this colorful burlap ribbon craft! This rustic home decoration uses burlap ribbon to create a faux topiary in a flurry of fall colors that will look great all season long!
- Time Required:2 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print InstructionsShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Cut 68 1 ½” X 1 ½” squares of Offray Burlap, Wired Edge in each of the following colors: Orange, Apple, Natural, Yellow and Russet.
- Step 2: Cut 68 2 ½” X 2 ½” squares of Offray Burlap, Wired Edge in each of the following colors Orange, Apple, Natural, Yellow and Russet.
- Step 3: Cut 84 2 ½” X 2 ½” squares of Offray Burlap, Wired Edge in Apple.
- Step 4: Make stacks of three alternating colors with the 1 ½” X 1 ½” and 2 ½” X 2 ½” squares. Stick an upholstery tack through the center of each stack.
- Step 5: Curl the wired edges of each square up to form a flower shape.
- Step 6: Begin securing each stack to the ball topiary. To ensure the tacks remain secure in the topiary, place glue on each tack before inserting it into the foam.
- Step 7: Once both foam topiary balls are covered, make stacks of two 2 ½” squares of apple burlap, secure with an upholstery tack and secure in to the base of the topiary.
- Step 8: Place finished topiary into the clay pot and secure with glue.
- Step 9: Wrap the 1 ½” natural Offray Burlap, Wired Edge around the lip of the clay pot and secure with glue.
- Step 10: Using the remaining 1 ½” natural Offray Burlap, Wired Edge, make a bow. Glue the bow to the front of the pot, on top of the burlap wrapped around the lip of the pot.
- Step 11: Glue a burlap flower to the center of the bow.
Shop Ribbon for this Project