Decorative Christmas Pillow:
Turn your living room into a merry celebration with this decorative throw pillow! This project is a fun way to personalize your Christmas decorations. Designed by KC of The Real Thing with the Coake Family.
- Time Required:1.5 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print InstructionsShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Measure your pillow form. Cut three pieces of fabric, one larger panel for the front of the pillow and two smaller panels for the back of the pillow. The front panel should be the measurements + 1”. For the back panels cut at the full width + 1" and 1/2 of the length + 3".
- Step 2: Sew a ½” seam in each back or smaller panel. This should be done on the width not the length side.
- Step 3: For the decorative front panel, pin the polka dot ribbon 2” from the edge of your front panel of fabric. Place the Red Dotted tulle in the center.
- Step 4: Sew the ribbons into place using a matching color of thread.
- Step 5: Pin and sew the gold Quasar ribbon to the edge of the red tulle. Sew into place using gold thread.
- Step 6: Pin front panel to back panels right sides together. Place seamed sides of the back panels of fabric toward the center of the pillow. One back panel should be lined up to the left side and one to the right overlapping in the center.
- Step 7: Sew entire pillow using a ½” seam.
- Step 8: Clip corners and turn pillow. Iron your pillow taking care not to touch the ribbon with the iron.
- Step 9: Place pillow in your new decorative pillow cover.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.49
Price Per Yard: $0.71