Decorative Bird's Nest
Add this little hanging bird’s nest to your spring or Easter decorations. Create a few to hang from an indoor tree, a banister or from a chandelier over your table.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Cut 3 pieces of the grosgrain ribbon to 14 inches in length.
- Step 2:Glue the 3 ribbon pieces to the bottom of the bird’s nest. Space them evenly around the bottom so the nest hangs straight. Once the glue has cooled, hang the nest with the 3 pieces of ribbon in your hand. Line up the ribbon so the nest is level and glue the ribbon ends together.
- Step 3:Cut a 6 inch piece of the grosgrain ribbon. Fold it in half to create a loop and glue to the other pieces for hanging.
- Step 4:Cut a 12 inch piece of the satin ribbon. Thread the needle and tie a knot in the end of the thread. Sew from one end to the other along one side of ribbon. Pull the thread to bunch up the ribbon, creating a circle. Add a stitch to hold the circle together, then tie a knot in the thread to secure.
- Step 5:Glue the ribbon circle to the top of the grosgrain ribbon below the loop to hide the ends.
- Step 6:Glue one velvet yellow flower in the center of the circle.
- Step 7:Place decorative eggs in the bird’s nest and hang.
- TIP 1:You can buy pre-made decorative eggs or decorated your own using paint and glitter!
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.50