Decorated Shoe Organizer
When it comes to cute dorm room ideas, there are no limits on creativity. A shoe organizer can be used to hold much more than footwear. You can use the space for toiletries, school supplies, makeup and more. Dress up boring organizers with colorful ribbons and buttons!
- Time Required:90 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Cut a 33 inch strip of 2.25 inch Grey Grosgrain for the very top. This will cover the holes where the hangers will go with room for them to fit through. Put a line a glue along the top and between the holes. Lay the ribbon on the glue, but bunch it up over the holes so the material extends outward about an inch. Wrap the ends of the ribbon around the back and glue in place.
- Step 2:Cut 9 nine-inch strips of both the 1.5 inch Pewter and Orange Grosgrain Polka Dots ribbon. Place the strips vertically between each pocket. Alternate colors for each batch of pockets. Glue to secure.
- Step 3:Cut a 24 inch strip of 1.5 inch Navajo Turquoise Grosgrain and 3/8 inch Orange Dippy Dots. Under the 2.25 inch Grey Grosgrain ribbon at the top, glue the Orange Dippy Dots ribbon and then the Navajo Turquoise ribbon, just so they sit above the top of the pockets.
- Step 4:Cut a 24 inch strip of 3/8 inch Navajo Turquoise Grosgrain and glue it beneath the first row of pockets, along the hem. Beneath that, glue a 24 inch strip of 1.5 inch Grey Grosgrain. Wrap and glue ends on the backside.
- Step 5:Cut a 24 inch strip of 3/8 inch Pewter Grosgrain and 1.5 Navajo Turquoise Grosgrain. Glue the thin material along the hem and the thick strip underneath, just like in step four. Alternate between step four and five between each row of pockets.
- Step 6:Take the 3/8 inch Pewter Grosgrain ribbon and cut a strip of 24 inches. Glue this strip on the very bottom hem, gluing the excess behind.
- Step 7:To finalize this project, sew a button on the top of each pocket. Use varied sizes and shades for effect.
- TIP 1:Adjust this project based on the style of your organizer.
- TIP 2:Mix and match ribbon colors and patterns.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.75
Price Per Yard: $1.04