Bring some holiday cheer to your living room with this decorative Christmas pillow! Designed by KC of The Real Thing with the Coake Family.
- Time Required:2 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Step-by-Step InstructionsPrint InstructionsShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Measure your pillow form. Cut three pieces of fabric, one larger panel for the front of the pillow and two smaller panels for the back of the pillow. The front panel should be the measurements + 1”. For the back panels cut at the full width + 1" and 1/2 of the length + 3".
- Step 2: Sew a ½” seam in each back or smaller panel. This should be done on the width not the length side.
- Step 3: For the decorative front panel, cut your ornaments out by hand or using an electronic cutter. Iron them on and sew with a zig zag stitch.
- Step 4: For the side ornaments, pin the polka dot ribbons into place, tucking ends under and pinning in place. This will make the ribbon appear as though it goes through the ornament.
- Step 5: Sew down one side of the ribbon and up the opposite side to hold it in place. Back stitch at the bottom narrow end to help secure it.
- Step 6: For the center ornament, place two strands of the Quasar ribbon side by side and pin in place. Sew up the center of the two ribbons using gold thread and a narrow zig zag stitch.
- Step 7: Pin front panel to back panels right sides together. Place seamed sides of the back panels of fabric toward the center of the pillow. One back panel should be lined up to the left side and one to the right overlapping in the center.
- Step 8: Sew entire pillow using a ½” seam.
- Step 9: Clip corners and turn pillow. Iron your pillow taking care not to touch the ribbon with the iron.
- Step 10: Place pillow in your new decorative pillow cover.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.49