Cardinal Cupcake Topper
These hand-drawn cupcake toppers add a personal touch to your holiday table. Make them ahead of time and add to pre-made cupcakes for your office party!
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Draw a simple cardinal, approximately 2 inches long. Or you can find a template for the cardinal on the printable instructions (click the blue Print Project button above). Outline it with your black marker. Add some face and wing details. Cut out and use this one as a template to trace the others. Make as many as you need!
- Step 2:Draw beaks on the gold paper to fit your bird's size, approximately 1/2 inch.
- Step 3:Cut out beaks and glue to your birds. Add a silver dot for the eye. Add a black marker dot to the silver eye.
- Step 4:For the tails, cut 2 inch pieces of red ribbon. Cut at an angle on one end. Cut 2 slits almost to the top on each.
- Step 5:Glue or tape on your tails and toothpicks.
- TIP 1:Try different birds or shapes for different seasons!
Shop Ribbon for this Project