Candy Corn Party Banner DIY Halloween Decoration
Decorate our home, classroom, or office with this easy Halloween craft! Follow the instructions below to create a Halloween party banner that's full of fall fun!
- Time Required:2 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Using ruler, pencil and paper, sketch out desired triangle size of candy corn for banner. Copy and cut out at least 3 times. Allow for ¼ inch seam allowance.
- Step 2:Cut one of the triangles where you would like to have each color start and finish.
- Step 3:Pin full triangles to white and black fabric and cut as many triangles you would like for your banner. Pin middle piece to orange fabric and cut corresponding orange pieces.
- Step 4:Allowing for ribbon to be place above orange fabric, attach orange fabric to white triangles using HeatnBond iron-on adhesive as per instructions on packaging.
- Step 5:Place polka dot yellow and solid yellow ribbon above orange fabric. Adhere with 7/8 inch HeatnBond iron-on adhesive according to packaging directions.
- Step 6:Place white and black triangles front to front, with wrong side of fabric facing out. Pin and sew together. This will be the inside of the candy corn shape.
- Step 7:Turn each triangle right side out. Iron flat. Use pencil or scissor to help push through pointed end.
- Step 8:Cut black fabric to the length of the top of each triangle and approximately 3 inches wide. Attach iron-on adhesive to top of each piece of black fabric and attach front to back to each triangle.
- Step 9:Layer and space black polka dot ribbon as desired. Pin until you have appropriate placement. Once complete, sew or use no-sew adhesive to attach permanently to top of triangles.
- Step 10:Print out letters. We used FALL FUN. Using 1 inch circle punch, punch out letters and attach to inside of Bottle Cap Stickers. Cover with clear adhesive attachments included in the package. Adhere to banner with foam adhesive included in packaging or hot glue.
- Step 11:Hang and enjoy!
- TIP:Change ribbon and fabric patterns to change the look.
Shop Ribbon for this Project