Buffalo Check Tree Topper
Do you love Buffalo Plaid as much as we do? Top your tree with a handcrafted decoration! This beautiful topper will be the perfect finishing touch to any Christmas tree.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
- Step 1:Cut five 18” lengths of the red satin ribbon. Cut three 18” lengths of the Buffalo Plaid ribbon. Fold over ends to the center and wrap with a piece of the wire, as shown.
- Step 2:Cut 24” lengths of each style of trim. Create two bundles each containing two lengths of trim, one length of satin, and one length of plaid. Wrap the center with a piece of the wire.
- Step 3:Make two bows, as shown: one with only satin; one with satin and plaid.
- Step 4:Combine the two bundles of trim and secure with a piece of the wire.
- Step 5:Position the plaid bow over the red bow. Wrap with a piece of the wire.
- Step 6:Use an additional piece of the wire to secure the bow to the ribbon bundle. Cut a 4” piece of the plaid ribbon. Wrap around the bow and bundle covering the wire. Secure with a small dab of glue.
- Step 7:Attach a decorative button to the center of the bow.
- TIP 1:Create this decoration to match your Christmas theme colors!
- TIP 1:Choose any decorative button to accent your bow.
- 3 Inch Wide Offray Double Face Satin Ribbon, Red
- 2 1/2 Inch Wide Offray Buffalo Plaid Ribbon, Red
- LaMode Button, Crystal Snowflake
- Simplicity Trim, Jumbo Rick Rack, Red
- Simplicity Trim, Poms, White
- Simplicity Trim, Poms, Red
- Simplicity Trim, Pattern with Poms, Black
- Jewelry Wire
Shop Ribbon for this Project