Bat Hair Clip
Make this spooky bat hair clip with black grosgrain ribbon. You can also turn it into a fun pin by gluing or sewing the finished ribbon bat onto a pin back.
- Time Required:45 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:To make the bat template, cut a piece of paper 6-1/2 inches long by 3 inches wide. Fold the paper in half. Draw on the open ended side the shape of bat wings. Cut out and then open the paper.
- Step 2:Cut a piece of the 3 inch ribbon to 6-1/2 inches long. Place the paper template over the ribbon and cut out to make the bat body. Place your fingers in the center of the ribbon and gather. Secure with a piece of wire.
- Step 3:To make the bat head, cut a piece of the 5/8 inch ribbon to 3 inches long. On one end of the ribbon, cut out a V shape to make the bat ears. For the bat eyes, glue on 2 red crystals under the bat ears. Glue the bat face down onto the top center of the body, then wrap the other end around to the back and glue down.
- Step 4:Next, wrap the hair clip. Cut a piece of 3/8 inch ribbon long enough to wrap the clip. Apply glue to one end of the ribbon and glue to the underneath of the top side of clip, with the clip open. Close the clip and apply glue to the top while pulling the ribbon over the end and press it onto the top of the clip. Continue gluing the ribbon to the pinching end of the clip.
- Step 5:Glue the bat onto the hair clip.
- TIP 1:Turn this into a fun pin by attaching to a pin back with glue.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $2.42
Price Per Yard: $0.26
Price Per Yard: $0.30