Embroidered Ribbon Flower Hat
Brighten-up dreary winter days! Simple embroidery stitches can turn an ordinary hat into a beautiful one. This is a great DIY gift idea for friends and family! Look for all the supplies for this project in your local Walmart.
- Time Required:2 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Thread a large needle with 16 inches of yarn and tie a knot. Starting near the bottom of your hat, bring your needle up through the back and back down through hat, close to your start, leaving a 1 inch loop (lazy daisy stitch). Bring your needle up about 1/2 inch from start and back down close to the entrance, catching the loop. Continue in center of flower, making a total of 5 loops.
- Step 2:Thread 36 inches of the pink ribbon and tie a knot. Make two flowers next to the first using Step 1.
- Step 3:Cut two 2 inch squares from the felt. Fold each in half and cut a narrow half circle to form a leaf.
- Step 4:Place the leaves next to your flowers and use the green thread to stitch around the leaves and down the center using a chain stitch.
- Step 5:Using unknotted green thread, thread down through center of the red flower, leaving a 2 inch tail. Thread up close to the stitch and leave 2 inches. Cut thread and tie both together. Repeat this 6 times. Gather threads and cut all to 1/4 inch in length.
- Step 6:Sew 3 beads in the center.
- Step 7:Using the mustard thread, make several French knots inside of the pink flowers.
- TIP 1:Mix and match colors to create a signature look
Shop Ribbon for this Project